What information we collect
What are cookies and how do we use them?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer. Using these text files, the website can "remember" certain information about you or your visit. Some websites, such as Facebook, use so-called "tracking cookies" to follow you around the Internet, to see which websites you visit and what your interests are. At Isle, we refuse to breach your privacy like that.
The single cookie we place contains the following information:
- An identifier of your visit so the site knows that you are logged in.
- Information about the last search you have made (ie. number of results, and which filters you used).
- A unique "key" so we can be sure that whenever you fill in a form, we are dealing with you, not a hacker trying to get in.
- Whether or not you have clicked the "Understood" button on the cookie bar.
The Isle CATwizard makes use of web statistics. We use it to analyse how our visitors browse our website. We do not sell or otherwise provide this information to third parties and we do not use it to sell advertising space or anything of that nature. We collect the following information:
- The browser that is used to visit the website, along with your operating system and the type of device you use (phone/PC)
- The time and duration of your visit
- Which pages have been visited
- Part of your IP address
Please note that above information does not contain any information that can personally identify you. Though an IP address may give us an idea of the general area from which you connected, we cannot tell down to the house address; we're usually off by several towns.
For this information we use the Piwik package. To give you an idea what the data we gather looks like, you can view the demo for Piwik's support forum right here.
We will never track you outside of our own website. We do not sell your information to third parties, nor do we let anyone except CATwizard staff into the system or export information from it.